Desexing dogs and cats is a very common surgical procedure. Also known as neutering, this procedure prevents your pet from being able to reproduce and is a part of responsible pet ownership.
In male pets it is commonly referred to as “castration”, and in female pets, it is referred to as “spaying”. The most common age to desex your pet is between 4 and 6 months but animals are never too old to be desexed.
The Benefits of Pet Desexing
There are many benefits to desexing your pet before 6 months. They include:
- Preventing unwanted litters, which can be very costly, and may add to the already overwhelming number of stray animals that are put down each year
- Prevention of testicular cancer and prostate disease in males – it can also help to prevent pyometra (infection of the uterus) and mammary tumours (breast cancer) in females
- Stopping the “heat” cycle in females
- Decreasing aggression towards humans and other animals, especially in males
- Being less prone to wander, especially in males
- Living a longer and healthier life
- Reduction of council registration fees
Safe and Professional Pet Desexing in Perth
Desexing dogs and cats is the most frequent surgery performed by our vets. Generally, your pet will be home safe and happy by the evening of their surgery.
Our friendly and caring veterinary team will aim to make your pet feel at ease in our vet clinic. We provide a compassionate and gentle approach throughout the desexing procedure.
Schedule Your Pet’s Desexing Procedure Today
Has your puppy or kitten been desexed yet?
Contact our veterinary clinic team to discuss having your dog or cat safely and professionally desexed by a qualified vet. Call Your Pet’s Vet on (08) 9271 3671 to book an appointment or simply contact us online.
For Appointment Phone
(08) 9271 3671
816 Beaufort Street,
Inglewood. WA 6052
|Mon – Fri||8am – 7pm|
|Sat||9am – 5pm|
|Sun||9am – 5pm|
|Public Holidays||9am –12pm|